Updated: June 22, 2022.
In this quick SEO FAQ video, I provide my commentary on whether Google Search Console shows all data.
Does Google Search Console show all data? Can you use only Google Search Console when auditing a website? Does it provide data about all pages?
Google Search Console is probably the single most important SEO tool. However, it is extremely important to know how to use it and to understand its limitations.
Read my notes below and watch the SEO FAQ video about Google Search Console data.
SEO Newsletter by #SEOSLY
Does Google Search Console show all data? [Video]
Key points about Google Search Console data
- The main purpose of Google Search Console is to let you learn about how your website is performing in Google Search.
- Google Search Console provides data in different types of reports, such as the Performance report, the Index report, the Experience report, the Enhancements report, or the Security & Manual Actions report.
- In each report, Google Search Console provides a sample of data. The sample is big enough for you to be able to draw meaningful conclusions and be able to decide about the desired course of action for your website.
- For example, in the Performance report, you can see the top 1000 queries your site is displayed for. If you narrow the report down to one URL, you will be able to see the top 1000 queries for that specific URL.
- The Page Experience report (which is made of the Core Web Vitals report) also shows you meaningful samples of pages that have a specific issue or that pass Core Web Vitals.
- If you are doing a technical SEO audit of a site, you should use a crawler, such as Sitebulb or Screaming Frog as well to get the information about all URLs. Google Search Console may not show you all the URLs, especially if you have a huge website.
- You can use Keywords Everywhere to be able to see keyword metrics like volume directly in GSC.
- Make sure to watch the Google Search Console training playlist on YouTube to understand every part of GSC.
Check my other articles about Google Search Console
If you have been following me for some time, you know that Google Search Console is one of my favorite (if not the most favorite) SEO tools.
Check the below articles about GSC on SEOSLY:
- How to audit a site with Google Search Console
- How to add and remove users in Google Search Console
- Guide to the Crawl Stats report in GSC
- Can I use Google Search Console for keyword research?
❓Submit your question to the SEO FAQs on SEOSLY
Do you have a question about SEO that you want Olga to answer? Feel free to submit it to email@example.com. Thanks!
The SEO FAQs is a new section of SEOSLY aimed at answering the most often asked questions about SEO. Olga personally answers each question and offers her unique perspective and commentary. These articles are quick and to-the-point so that you can absorb the necessary knowledge in no time. Some or all of the articles will soon have the video added to them as well.