Updated: August 3, 2022.
In this quick SEO FAQ, I am sharing my insights on how long a technical SEO audit may take.
How much time should you spend on doing a technical SEO audit for your client? Can you perform a decent technical SEO audit in a few hours or do you need the entire week?
Watch my video below and check my notes to learn!
SEO Newsletter by #SEOSLY
How long does a technical SEO audit take? [Video]
Here is my video where I explain my thoughts on how long a technical SEO audit should take and how long it takes me.
Key points on doing a technical SEO audit and how long it should take
- You can perform a quick technical SEO check within a few hours but probably won’t be able to detect or analyze more complex technical SEO issues.
- When doing a technical SEO audit, you should always use a variety of tools and follow your own checklist of issues you always check as opposed to blindly following the recommendations from crawling tools.
- You need experience and knowledge to be able to tell whether a specific issue highlighted by a tool is indeed an issue that you should prioritize.
- My essential set of tools to do a technical SEO audit includes, among others, Ahrefs, Semrush, Sitebulb, Screaming Frog, JetOctopus, Google Search Console, and more.
- A technical SEO audit differs from a full SEO audit in that it focuses only on technical SEO elements like crawling, indexing, sitemaps, robots.txt, performance, and more.
- An SEO audit often analyzes other SEO elements, such as titles, descriptions, headings, current visibility of the website, quality, and more.
- A decent technical SEO audit should take anywhere between 15-20 hours in most cases. Of course, it largely depends on the size and complexity of the website.
- To learn more about what elements you may include in a technical SEO audit, check my guide on how to do a technical SEO audit.
Check my other articles about SEO audits
I have already written a lot of articles about SEO audits and how to perform SEO audits using specific SEO tools.. Make sure to check them all.
Check the below articles:
- How to audit your site with Sitebulb
- How to audit your site with JetOctopus
- How to audit your site with Google Search Console
- How to audit your site with Ahrefs Site Audit
- Check my SEO auditing offer if you are looking to hire an SEO to audit your site
❓Submit your question to the SEO FAQs on SEOSLY
Do you have a question about SEO that you want Olga to answer? Feel free to submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
The SEO FAQs is a new section of SEOSLY aimed at answering the most often asked questions about SEO. Olga personally answers each question and offers her unique perspective and commentary. These articles are quick and to-the-point so that you can absorb the necessary knowledge in no time. Some or all of the articles will soon have the video added to them as well.