Episode #55 of the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY features SEO consultant Olga Zarr.
I invite you to subscribe to the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY to keep learning SEO with me and the SEO experts I interview.
Follow SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY
You can subscribe to the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY on popular podcast platforms or check the website of the podcast.
I record both the audio and the video version of each episode. Below is the video and audio version for you.
Watch episode #55
Listen to episode #55
You can listen to episode #55 of the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY below.
Episode #55 notes
- Olga shares that 3 years ago she optimized her site for SEO perfectly, but hasn’t maintained it since due to being busy.
- She has made many changes over time and wants to audit it thoroughly as if it were a client site.
Reason for Audit
- Received messages from viewers noticing technical errors. Grateful for feedback showing they care.
- Has added/removed content, changed URLs, added/removed redirects over time.
- Traffic is growing but knows opportunities being missed. Wants to monetize content better.
Audit Tools Used
- JetOctopus to analyze cannibalization. Integrates with Search Console.
- Google Search Console for performance data.
- Other tools like SEO tools, HTML validators occasionally.
Screaming Frog Findings
- Fixed some schema validation errors, non-indexable canonicals.
- Has some 404s being internally linked to indicating dead pages.
- Invalid HTML elements in <head> to clean up.
- Many redirects from old URLs that need updated internal links.
- Some oversized images found that can be optimized.
- Duplicate page titles and meta descriptions to revise.
- Short title tags lacking keywords to expand and optimize.
- Confirmed suspected cannibalization between services pages and blog.
- Useful for quickly identifying cannibalization issues.
Manual Site Review
- Inspected headings structure, found some opportunities for improvement.
- Noticed heavy use of keywords in image alt attributes.
- Added more FAQs for on-page keyword optimization.
- Table of contents blocks content now, will revise.
- Need more internal links to new pages. Shown value of InLinks for automation.
Site Speed Discussion
- Used to obsess over site speed and Core Web Vitals. Still important but overrated.
- Edge caching improved speed without deep optimization. Focus should be on:
- On-page optimization
- Content upgrades
- Internal linking (with the use of InLinks, for example)
- Conversion optimization
- Will continue auditing and optimizing existing content. Also add new content.
- Site has no technical issues blocking rankings, mostly ongoing improvements needed.
- Very grateful to viewers for feedback helping identify areas to optimize.
Make sure to subscribe to my SEO newsletter to stay fully informed and be notified when a new episode comes out.
You can subscribe to my newsletter using the form below.
The SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY is sponsored by JetOctopus
JetOctopus is a cloud-based website crawler and SEO log analyzer. The tool allows you to analyze your website structure, check for broken links, detect technical SEO issues, and monitor your website’s ranking in search engines.
JetOctopus is the fastest and most affordable SaaS crawler and logs analyzer without limits.
Want to become a guest or provide ideas for the show?
If you want to become a guest on the show or you want to share ideas, feel free to contact me. I will be happy to hear from you. Contact me at [email protected].