Episode #7: Google Knowledge Panels – A Deep, Deep Dive With Jason Barnard
A special episode of the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY has just been published. This episode is part of a weekly series of interviews with SEO experts. I invite you to subscribe to the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY to keep learning SEO with me and the SEO experts I interview.
Follow SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY
You can subscribe to the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY on popular podcast platforms or check the website of the podcast.
My today’s guest is the one and only Jason Barnard also known as the Brand SERP Guy, who is an absolute expert when it comes to Google knowledge panels, brad SERPs, entity SEO, and more.
Watch Episode #7
I record both the audio and the video version of each episode. Here is the video version for you.
Listen to episode #7
You can listen to episode #7 of the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY below.
Episode #7 notes
On the eve of the launch of Kalicube’s 17-point Knowledge Panel Checklist freebie download, Olga Zarr asks Jason Barnard to explain Knowledge Panels in depth.
In this incredibly insightful 70-minute conversation, Jason gets very enthusiastic answering these questions (plus many others):
- the importance of the Entity Home,
- how to write entity descriptions using NLP,
- what corroboration to look for,
- what Schema Markup to use and when,
- international Knowledge Panels,
- how Knowledge Panel Sprouts work
- how to trigger a Knowledge Panel,
- when not to claim,
- some Knowledge Panels are not claimable,
- how Google is dealing with Knowledge Panel Spam
- the mistakes SEOs make when managing Knowledge Panels,
- other common Knowledge Panels mistakes to avoid,
- typical timelines for Knowledge Panels,
- Google Knowledge Algorithm updates,
- how AC/DC record sales can help us understand Google Algo updates,
- why you should track and manage your Knowledge Panel over time,
- why changing names isn’t as scary as Olga thought.
As a bonus, Olga allows Jason to introduce all the members of the Kalicube Team, and what Kalicube can offer agencies, people, and businesses.
But the HUGE takeaway is that anyone who wants to work on Knowledge Panels can get all the information, tips, and tricks they need for free on https://kalicube.com and can take their skills to the next level with Kalicube’s free 17-point Knowledge Panel Checklist.
- Knowledge Panel FAQ: https://kalicube.com/learning-spaces/faq/knowledge-panels/?v=1
- Knowledge Panel Case Studies: https://kalicube.com/case-studies/knowledge-panel/
- Book: https://www.brandserpsforbusiness.com/
- Courses: https://kalicube.academy/
- Kalicube Support Group: https://kalicube.com/about/kalicube-support-groups/
- Kalicube Pro for Agencies: https://kalicube.com/products/kalicube-pro-saas-for-agencies/
- Kalicube Done-for-You Services: https://kalicube.com/products/done-for-you-services/
- A simple explanation of the Kalicube Process: https://kalicube.com/learning-spaces/faq/digital-pr/the-kalicube-process/
Get Your Free Copy of Kalicube’s Knowledge Panel Checklist: https://solutions.kalicube.com/knowledge-panel-checklist
Make sure to subscribe to my SEO newsletter to stay fully informed and be notified when a new episode comes out.
You can subscribe to my newsletter using the form below.
Want to become a guest or provide ideas for the show?
If you want to become a guest on the show or you want to share ideas, feel free to contact me. I will be happy to hear from you. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.