Updated: August 3, 2022.
In this quick SEO FAQ video, I discuss the three most common SEO mistakes made by junior SEOs.
What are the common SEO mistakes to avoid? What mistakes do junior or beginner SEOs often do? How to avoid doing costly SEO mistakes?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to entirely avoid making SEO mistakes. All you can do is try to make them as few as possible by learning from other people’s experiences.
Watch the video below and read my takeaways to learn about the common SEO mistakes and how to avoid them.
SEO Newsletter by #SEOSLY
What are the common SEO mistakes to avoid? [Video]
Here is my video where I explain the three most common mistakes and how to avoid them.
Olga’s newbie SEO mistake [Video]
Here is the video from the EDGE of the Web where I shared with you one of my first and most serious SEO mistakes. Make sure not to make this mistake.
Key points from the video
- Making SEO mistakes is unavoidable. No matter what level you are at, you will always make some mistakes.
- It is important to use the experience of others to be able to avoid at least some of the mistakes.
- Remember that making mistakes (especially serious ones) is the best way to learn SEO.
- The three most common SEO mistakes I see new SEOs make is leaving a no-index tag on a new site that should be indexed, incorrect use of canonical link elements, and not using the potential of internal linking.
- One of the most serious internal linking mistakes is to use the low-value anchor text of “Read more” or “Click here” instead of using descriptive and keyword-rich anchor text.
- Another serious mistake in internal linking is the failure to use pagination and instead dynamically loading new content upon clicking (for example the “Load more” button). Google does not interact with sites and may not be able to discover such content.
- I have really seen a lot of various SEO mistakes. I have even written an article where I shared the top 100 SEO mistakes I identified in the last 100 SEO audits I performed. I strongly recommend you check it out.
Check my other articles about learning SEO
I have a lot of other interesting resources on learning SEO and becoming an SEO. Make sure to check them all.
Check the below articles:
- Can I learn SEO by myself?
- Can I learn SEO in two months?
- Can I become an SEO without a degree?
- Google SEO best practices
- Examples of technical SEO issues
- SEO basics guide
- How long does SEO take to work?
- How long does it take to learn SEO?
❓Submit your question to the SEO FAQs on SEOSLY
Do you have a question about SEO that you want Olga to answer? Feel free to submit it to email@example.com. Thanks!
The SEO FAQs is a new section of SEOSLY aimed at answering the most often asked questions about SEO. Olga personally answers each question and offers her unique perspective and commentary. These articles are quick and to-the-point so that you can absorb the necessary knowledge in no time. Some or all of the articles will soon have the video added to them as well.