Updated: June 9, 2023.
In this quick SEO FAQ video, I am sharing with you my number one tip for practicing your SEO skills.
How can I practice my SEO skills? How do I acquire practical knowledge about SEO? How can I get valuable experience in SEO to get my first in the SEO industry?
SEO is indeed one of the best industries to be in. Not only can you become a totally self-taught SEO but you can also gain practical experience on your own.
Read my notes below and watch the SEO FAQ video to learn about the best ways to practice your SEO skills.
How can I practice my SEO skills? [Video]
Here is my video where I explain how I used to practice my SEO skills and how I think you should be doing that too.
Key points on practicing your SEO skills
- The one and the only way to learn the practical part of SEO is to build your website from scratch and SEO it following all the standard SEO processes like keyword research, on-page SEO, and so on.
- The more sites you build and optimize for SEO, the more invaluable experience you get.
- It is not possible to understand SEO and become a good SEO without experimenting with a bunch of different websites.
- Thanks to building your own website and doing SEO for it, you will not only get a better understanding of SEO but you will also learn about other things like content management systems (WordPress most likely), hosting, domain management, and more.
- Having a small portfolio of sites you have created on your own will enormously help you land your first SEO job.
- Whenever you learn something new, make sure to test this new concept on one of your own websites.
- Do not experiment with important sites that actually have traffic and generate value (especially if you are a total beginner).
Other articles about learning SEO
I have a lot of other interesting resources on learning SEO and becoming an SEO. Make sure to check them all.
Check the below articles: