Entity SEO, Schema, and Knowledge Panels with Erin Sparks.
This episode of the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY features a special guest – Erin Sparks – who is the founder and president of Site Strategics, a company he founded in 2004, specializing in digital visibility services for businesses in the United States.
I invite you to subscribe to the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY to keep learning SEO with me and the SEO experts I interview.
Follow SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY
You can subscribe to the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY on popular podcast platforms.
Interview with Erin Sparks (video)
I record both the audio and the video version of each episode. Here is the video version for you.
Interview with Erin Sparks (audio)
You can listen to this #16 of the SEO Podcast by #SEOSLY below.
Interview with Erin Sparks (notes)
Here are the notes from my interview with Erin Sparks.
About Erin Sparks
- Host of the SEO podcast “Edge of the Web” which has over 500 episodes
- His marketing company Site Strategics produces the podcast and has been around for 18 years
- Has background in web development, coding, and philosophy before focusing more on marketing and SEO
- Edge of the Web podcast started as a paid radio show before pivoting to focus more on influencer interviews
- Now get 15k+ downloads per month and have ranked for many competitive SEO topics
Tips on Entity SEO/Schema/Knowledge Panels
- Leverage structured data to help search engines understand who a business is, what they do, and build trust
- Interconnect entities through schema using nodes and relationship properties
- Focus on quality content that aligns with search engines’ understanding of topics
- Educate search engines by covering niche information gaps that expand their knowledge
- Optimize images with names/faces to improve visual entity understanding
- Build outbound links and citations to increase expertise authority
- Monitor knowledge panels and SERP features to see what adds value for search engines
- Aim to become a trusted resource on a topic to trigger knowledge panel creation
Follow & connect with Erin Sparks
Here is how you can connect with Erin and his Edge of the Web Radio podcast:
- Follow Edge of the Web Radio on Twitter: twitter.com/edgewebradio
- Follow Erin Sparks on Twitter: twitter.com/erinsparks
- Edge of the Web Radio SEO podcast: edgeofthewebradio.com/seo-podcast/
- Site Strategics: sitestrategics.com/
Make sure to subscribe to my SEO newsletter to stay fully informed and be notified when a new episode comes out.
You can subscribe to my newsletter using the form below.
Want to become a guest or provide ideas for the show?
If you want to become a guest on the show or you want to share ideas, feel free to contact me. I will be happy to hear from you. Contact me at [email protected].