Updated: June 19, 2022.
In this quick SEO FAQ video, you will get to know Olga’s insights and commentary on whether you can rank on Google without backlinks.
Can you rank without backlinks? Wondering if it is possible to rank your articles without any backlink acquisition?
If you are a beginner SEO, you probably have a lot of similar questions about SEO. And I am here to help you answer these questions.
Watch the video below and read my notes.
SEO Newsletter by #SEOSLY
- Yes, you can rank on Google without backlinks for hundreds, thousands, or even millions of keywords.
- Long-tail and less competitive keywords (e.g. keywords in the form of questions like the topic of this article) can usually rank without backlinks.
- Your article will not rank if it does not match the intent of a given topic/keyword. Even backlinks are unlikely to help.
- With high-competition keywords where high-authority sites rank, you will probably need backlinks too.
- Always analyze what sites rank for a given keyword to accurately assess whether you can rank for these terms too.
- As with everything in SEO, the final answer is that it depends. It depends on factors, such as the topic/keyword, its competitiveness, the quality of your content, search intent, how authoritative your site is, and more.
❓Submit your question to the SEO FAQs on SEOSLY
Do you have a question about SEO that you want Olga to answer? Feel free to submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
The SEO FAQs is a new section of SEOSLY aimed at answering the most often asked questions about SEO. Olga personally answers each question and offers her unique perspective and commentary. These articles are quick and to-the-point so that you can absorb the necessary knowledge in no time. Some or all of the articles will soon have the video added to them as well.